1. Stop power and gas; unplug all appliances.
2. Close all windows, ensuring they can’t be constrained open.
3. Bolt all doors and secure other conceivable port of entry.
4. Bolt all wardrobes and cupboards, particularly those where assets are put away.
5. Discard all transient and perishable food.
6. Dispose of inflammable material, for example, old daily papers, cleaning liquids, varnishes, and so forth., and don’t leave matches lying around.
7. Check all faucets, and close off water connection.
8. Shield from dust with daily papers or residue sheets your furniture or beds which can’t be put away.
9. Entrust spare keys to trustworthy neighbors for emergency situations.